September 17th, 2016 9 a.m. - Noon
Everyone is welcome to join us judge our salsa competitors from 9 until noon.
If you are interested in participating with your own salsa creation below are the rules and Salsa Fest entry form. Please email your application to email@example.com.
Rules for the contest:
- Salsa must be dropped off for tasting no later than 8:30 am.
- Amateur competitors are NOT expected to stay at the sampling area for the competition.
- Professional competitors (Salsa Companies and restaurants, etc) will be given space to sample salsa and advertise their business; however they should provide their own tables and tents. Professional category will be divided his year into Fresh and Canned Categories. (also, it should be noted that Willy’s Salsa will be sitting out this year with the intent of getting more outside vendors to participate)
- The market will provide chips and small plates for customer sampling.
- A list of ingredients must be supplied for food allergy purposes.
- Customer tasting and voting will be held from 9 am until 11:30 p.m.
- Votes will be tallied at noon and a winner will be announced by Noon
- Amateur competitor’s dishes that contained the salsa MUST be picked up by 12:30 unless other arrangements have been made.
- Amateur competitors are not allowed to sell their product. Professional competitors may sell their product, as long as you have a mobile license to sell your salsa from your local health department. Proof of license will be required.
- The Toledo Farmers’ Market will not tolerate un-sportsman like behavior. If you are caught being anything but courteous and friendly with the other competitors or customers, you will be asked to leave.
- Last but not least, let’s have fun! This is a great event and we all want to have a good time.